Monday, October 11, 2010

Welcome to Simply a Joy..



Months ago I attempted to start a book club on my youtube channel and it didn't work out. A couple of books were suggested to me and at first I was excited about getting into them. However, I couldn't commit to a time frame so we could come back and discuss the book. My time is not my own because I'm a parent so it's difficult for me to pinpoint a definite time I plan to finish a book. Last month I started to pick up my books again probably due to the loss of my ipod. Usually I listen to my music on the train because if my mind is filled with worry or chores I can't focus on book reading. Travel equals reading while silence equals writing. Under certain circumstances I'm able to write while traveling with the right musical stimuli.


This blog will not only be about books I plan to read, but also about books I've read in the past. I will try to make this blogspot interesting and I hope to inspire some readers. After taking a long hiatus from book reading I realized it was harder for me to grasp the material because my mind was steady wondering. This was not due to my troubles but due to the short reads online that kill my attention span. We read all the time. We read statuses, blogs, newspaper articles, notes, and IM messages. These are very different from a 300 plus page novel, we must participate for a longer span of time in order to enjoy the full experience. 


Well, that's about it. I'm open to suggestions. Welcome..

2 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

I agree that we need to commit to re-learning how to read longer substance...I look forward to your literary expressions.

Dude...go to the settings and make this comment box pop out! BOOM! LOL

Simply a Joy said...

You are my first comment. YAY!!! The comment box pops out now.. POW! LOL Thanks for stopping by.