Monday, October 18, 2010

take heed..this child is not MY seed




I've blogged about this book before but I never really got into the concept and how we relate. This novel is not like the movie, "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie. This book deals with the fairy aspect of the close yet far away fantasy worlds. 


__________________


You wake to find your child is missing. After a long search that lasts for several days, you get the call that he/she has been found. At first sight, you feel something isn't right. Yet, this person looks just like your child. The media hype along with the authorities bragging rights are making you bury your doubts inside that this child is not your seed. After days living with this person you know deep within, it's not your child. You go to the police to explain to them that it's not your child and to continue with the search. With much anger, the police brush you off and tell you to go home and enjoy your child. But, in your mind you are like.. he is not MINE. 




This is only a novel, this is true, but it mimics how we treat each other by not taking heed. We don't listen. Our personal agenda always takes center stage. Here this woman is explaining to people NOT familiar with her child beyond pictures and stories heard, that she KNOWS without a shadow of a doubt they gave her the wrong child. Wouldn't she be the one to know for sure if she birthed this child?! Yet, they refuse to listen. Their agenda to prove they are effective left her with a child that wasn't hers just for brownie points.




The title of this book is "The Stolen Child". That wasn't an accident. See, our mind can only grasp what we think are factual possibilities. They couldn't understand how this child was not hers even though he looked just like him. The changeling had been scoping out the boy to switch places with him months in advance. He studied his mannerisms, family member relationships, and stole his memories. I promise you. No matter how much a person tries to mimic another there will always be a sign that something is not right. Question: If your child were missing, would you know it right away if the wrong one was returned to you? And would you be open to believing that something supernatural is involved with their disappearance?




In another world just beyond the brush, her REAL son wakes to a new world in a body he will need an instruction manual to maneuver properly. He finds his new world adventurous and longs to learn more. I guess this leads me to the next question. If your child or loved one was taken from you and placed somewhere else, do you think they would want to come back? Can we tell if those around us are happy or fulfilled with their current life? Would this be a direct reflection of us not giving them our best or do we chalk this up to the child's adventurous spirit?




Are we paying close attention to those around us? I would hope that if any of my kids were taken I'd be able to pinpoint the error right away. Usually parents are like, "I know MY kids". I am not shamed to admit that initially in the heat of the moment I may miss the clues. Time I'm sure will show me otherwise. How about you? 



3 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

If someone went missing and returned and it wasn't them...I'd know it. I really believe I'd know. Only because I have a tendency NOW to know when something isn't right with my peeps.

I love your perspective on this...

I might have to read this. #bookborrow

Simply a Joy said...

You got it! I really enjoyed it. Usually I don't care for supernatural books but I really enjoyed this one. :) And I refuse to give myself that much credit. There are things that have happened I should have known and didn't so.. girl, as for me.. I don't know..LOL

fabulous bebe said...

i admire that you can do a book blog.. i enjoyed this..!